30 things you should start doing for yourself
Marc and Angel are the authors of « 1000 little things that happy people are able to do differently. Here is their incredible list of 30 things you need to start doing for yourself. Feel free to visit their website for tips and tricks for more inspiration in your life (English site).
start to do
1) Spend time with the right people. These people you like to be, that you also love and appreciate who you are, and encourage you to improve interesting and healthy way. These people make you feel more alive, who fully appreciate the person you are now, but also support and understand the person you are becoming.
2) Face your problems to face. These are not your problems that define you, but how you react to them and how you manage to pass over and you recover. The problems will not disappear unless you take steps to deal with it. Do what you can, when you can, and acknowledge the progress already made. Everything is about to start making small steps that lead to the right direction, slowly, centimeter by centimeter.
3) Start being honest with yourself même.Soyez honest with everything that is right and good, and with everything that needs to be changed. Be honest about what you want to accomplish and who you want to become. Always be honest in every aspect of your life. Because you are the only person you can count. Search your soul for the truth, and you really know who you are. Once that is done, you will understand where you are now and how you have to get there, and you’ll be better equipped to identify where you really want to go and how to get there.
4) Make your own happiness a priority. Our needs count. If we not highlight if you look down on its own and if we do not deal with oneself, one sabotages. It is important to remember that it is possible to pay attention to its own needs while being careful at the same time those of the people around him. And when you have fulfilled your needs, you can better help those who need it most.
5) Be yourself, truly, proudly. Trying to be someone else is a waste of the person you are vraiment.N’imitez not someone else, be the person you want to be, your best version, according to your requirements. Above all, be true to yourself, and if you can not put all your heart, go outside.
6) Live in the present. This moment is a miracle. This moment is the only moment that is guaranteed. This moment is your life. So stop thinking that things will be wonderful in the future. Stop living in the past. Learn to be in the « here and now » experience life when she is there. Enjoy the world for the beauty found there, now.
7) Learn lessons from your mistakes. Mistakes are not a problem, these are the stepping stones to progress. If one does not fail at times, we do try hard enough and you will learn more either. Be prepared to take risks, stumble, fall, get up and try again and again. True success is almost always made at the end of a long road filled with failures. One of the « mistakes » they fear to do is maybe just a link to the greatest achievement of our lives …
8) Be more polite yourself. If you had a friend who spoke on the tone you sometimes use to talk to yourself, how long would you accept that person remain your friend? The way you treat yourself is a reflection for others. Love who you are, if no one else will.
9) Enjoy the things you already have. The problem with most of us is that we believe that we will be happy when we have reached a certain standard of living, a level where we see others indulging your boss in his office, a friend of a friend who buys a castle on the sea, etc. Unfortunately, it will take time until you will get to your turn, and once there you will probably have a new destination in mind … You will end up spending your life working to achieve something new and never enjoy things you already now. So take a moment every morning when you wake up just to enjoy where you are, and what you already have.
10) Create your own happiness. If you wait until someone else makes you happy, you are mistaken. Smile because you can. Choose happiness. Be the change you wish to see in the world. Be happy with what you are now, and let your positivity inspire your trip until tomorrow. One often finds happiness when one decides to look for him. If you are looking for happiness in the opportunities you have, you will eventually find it. But if you still looking for something else, unfortunately, you risk finding it too.
11) Give a chance to your ideas and dreams. In life, it is rarely a question of being lucky, we must seize the opportunity. One can never know in advance whether it will work 100%, but we know that doing nothing is 100% chance not to walk. Most of the time, we have to go to ourselves! And no matter how this will turn out, it will always end up the way it had to end. Either we succeed or we learn. It’s win-win.
12) Think you’re ready for the next step. You are ready! Think about this. You have everything you need now to make the next small step. Then enter the opportunities presented to you, and accept the challenges, these are gifts that are growing.
13) Start a new relationship for the right reasons. With honest people who reflect the person you are and want to become. Choose friends who are proud to know you, people who admire you, show you love and respect, people who make you your kindness and commitment. And pay attention to what people do, because the actions of a person are more important than words.
Things you need to start doing for yourself following:
14) Give a chance to the new people you meet. This may seem a bit harsh, but you can not keep all the friends you met in your life. Some relationships will go out while others will grow. Enjoy the possibility of new relationships as you let fall naturally those that do not work. Believe in your own judgment. For each new relationship, know that you are entering unknown territory. Be ready to learn, get ready for a challenge, and be ready to meet someone who could change your life forever.
15) Compete with an older version of yourself. Be inspired by others, appreciate others, learn from others, but be aware that trying to to compete with them is a waste of time. You are competing with one person and only one, yourself. You compete to be the best person you can be. Your goal is to beat your personal best.
16) Look forward to the victories of others. Start noticing what you like in others and tell them. Appreciate how the people around you are great lead you to good things, things productive, peaceful and fulfilled. So be happy for those who are making efforts. Look forward to their victories. Be grateful for their blessings, openly. You reap what you sow and one day either the people for whom you are pleased rejoice for you.
17) Find comfort in the difficiles.Quand things are difficult situations when you feel down, take a few deep breaths and seek solace, small rays of hope, the light that filters behind the gray clouds. Remember that you can and difficult passages allow you to make you grow up stronger. Stay aware of your blessings and your wins, all those things in your life that are good. Concentrate on what you have, not on what you do not.
18) Forgive yourself, to yourself as others. We have all been hurt by our own decisions and those of others. And although the pain of these experiences is normal, sometimes it some attention too long. We relive that pain again and again and it’s hard to let go. Forgiveness is the remedy. This does not mean you erase the past, or forget what happened. This means that you give up resentment and pain, and instead you choose to learn from this incident and evolve in your life.
19) Help your entourage. Take care of people. Guide them if you know a better way. The more you help others, the more they will want to help you in turn. Love and kindness beget love and kindness. And so on.
20) Listen to your own inner voice. If it helps you, discuss your ideas with people who are close to you, but give you enough space to follow your own intuition. Be honest with yourself. Say what you have to say. Do what you know is right in your heart.
21) Pay attention to your stress level and take small breaks. Slow down. Breathe. We must take a break, to meet and move forward with vision and with purpose. When one is busy, a short break can rejuvenate our mind and improve our productivity. These short breaks help restore mental health and to think about our recent actions that they can be sure they are in line with our objectives.
22) Notice the beauty of small moments of life. Instead of waiting for that great things happen to you as a marriage, children, a big promotion, winning the lottery, find happiness in the small things that happen every day. These small moments of simple pleasure like taking a cup of coffee in the morning silence early, or the delicious smell and flavor of a dish homemade, or the pleasure of sharing something you love with someone other, or hold the hand of your half … Notice those little pleasures every day can greatly change the quality of your life.
23) Accept the things when they are not perfect. We must not forget that perfection is the enemy of good. One of the biggest challenges for people who want to enhance and improve the world is to learn to accept things as they are. Sometimes it’s better to accept and appreciate things as they are, and people as they are, rather than trying to make everything and everyone conform to an impossible ideal. No, we should not accept a mediocre life, but we must learn to love and appreciate things even if they are not perfect.
24) Work hard to achieve your goals every day. A journey of one thousand kilometers begins with one step. No matter what you dream, you have to start with small steps in a logical way to get there. PLus they work hard, the more we have a chance. While many of us may decide during their life respond to this call to personal success, only some of us are actually working, devoting themselves to their whole being for the long-awaited result.
Things you need to start doing for yourself more 2:
25) Become more open about your feelings. If you have, take the time to suffer but be open about this suffering. Talk with people you are close. Tell them the truth and what you feel. Let them listen. Merely out these words to your chest and let them out in the open is the first step to feel better again.
26) Take full responsibility for your life. Be master of your choices and your mistakes, and be prepared to take steps to improve. We must take responsibility for his own life, otherwise someone else will. If someone else does, we will become a slave to his ideas and dreams instead of being the pioneer of his own life. Only you can directly control the outcome of your life. And no, it will not be easy. Each person has many challenges facing it. But you must take responsibility for your life and pass these obstacles. Choosing not to choose is an insipid existence.
27) Maintain your most important relationships. Bring joy to your life and the lives of your loved ones by simply telling them how much they mean to you regularly. We can not be everything to everyone, but it can be everything to some people. One must decide who those people in our lives and treat them like royalty. Just a reminder, we do not need a lot of friends, a fair number of friends on whom you can rely.
28) Stay focused on the things you can control. It does not change everything, but we can always change at least one thing. Wasting your time, your talent and emotional energy on things that are out of control is the recipe to finish in a state of frustration, misery and stagnation. Invest your energy in the things you can control, and act on them now.
29) Focus your mind on the possibility of positive results. Our mind must be convinced that he can do something before being able to do it. To fight against negative thoughts and destructive emotions, we must develop opposite reactions, positive, which are stronger and more effective. We must listen to his own thoughts and replace negative thoughts with positive thoughts. Regardless of how the situation looks in your eyes, you have to focus on what we want what happens, and take the next step in a positive way. No, we can not control everything that happens all the time, but we can control our reactions to these things. Everyone has a life with aspects rather positive or rather negative sometimes. Whether or not happy and our life to be successful or not depends heavily on aspects on which we focus.
30) Be aware of your prosperity. Henry David Thoreau said, « Wealth is the ability to enjoy life. « Even when times are tough, it is always important to keep things in perspective. You have not slept hungry last night. Or on the street. You had the choice of clothes you choose to wear this morning. You barely sweated today. You do not even spend one minute in fear. Fresh, clean water is available. You have access to care. You have internet access. You can read. Lots of people can say that you are incredibly rich, so remember to be grateful for things you own.
This is such a wonderful list. If we make a small step forward each day and we practice these things, we can make big improvements in our lives. Share this article with your friends and family.
By Claire C. | February 12, 2015